Well, the 6th season of AMC’s The Walking Dead is in the books and it was a great season. Jon and I decided to dedicate this podcast to talking about the TV show and the comic that inspired it.
As we know by now, Jon has never read the comic and has only watched the show. I have read every issue of the comic and also like watching the show. We decided that Jon would review the show and then I would talk about some differences in the story between the comic and the show and end with a prediction on what will come in the 7th season.
Since we already talked about the 6th season’s A series and the mid-season premier of the B series on other podcasts, we jump right in were we left off after the mid-season premier.
***Major Spoiler Warning***
**If you have not seen any of the Season 6 episodes yet and you will be watching them later, then do not listen to this podcast. We will be revealing major plot points!!**
Jon pontificates on:
- Who is Jesus and why doesn’t he save like his namesake instead of losing things all the time?
- Is Carol beyond redemption or is she just a wolf in cheap clothing?
- Will you get an Old Sturbridge Village reference if you are not from New England?
- Is Battle Priest a contradiction in terms?
- What is the correct pronunciation of apothecary?
- All this and more semi-serious discussion.
I then pick up from there and do a very brief comparison of the comic to the show and move on to my prediction of plot points for the A series of Walking Dead Season 7 (without revealing any spoilers).
Looking forwatd to season 7.
Your comics pal,
Comics Misremembered Podcast 46