You have probably already seen the promo pictures at Marvel.com or over a dozen web and social sites. It’s the All-New, All-Different Marvel! Why when I look at these pictures I am getting a sinking feeling that most of these changes will not be for the better. Here is the gut feeling that I get when I look at these photos:
- The are bringing back Wolverine, Hyperion and Spectrum – supposedly, these 3 characters were dead but now they are all alive with the reset of the new marvel universe.
- More diversity – X23 is now the new Wolverine, the new Ms. Marvel will be part of the new-after-Secret Wars-Avengers and they are introducing a native american hero. Add these new heroes to the recent Thor, Spider-Man and Captain American changes and you can see that Marvel is really committed to having a universe that better reflective of the real universe.
- The Thing will now be a Guardian! This seems like a logical choice – The Guardians of the Galaxy are a bunch of misfits that all have good hearts and like to save… the galaxy. Blue Eyed Ben Grimm is a good fit on that team!!
- I like that they are bring back Citizen V. Does that me the Thunderbolts are coming back?
- Agent Coulson – Is it me or does anyone else have a problem with Marvel hammering the Cinematic and Television Universes into the Comic Universe? Come on, Marvel – Let’s keep the moving media and the static media separate. No need to put these characters into the comics.
- Getting rid of the mutants and the Fantastic Four – Where are the other members of the X-men and the Fantastic Four? I know that Marvel had made some bad movie deals with Fox and Sony so now they are marginalizing the presence of X-men and Fantastic Four (and Peter Parker too) but some of us fans still love these characters. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bathwater, Disney/Marvel.
- Stephen Strange… with a battle axe?! Why would the Master of the Mystic Arts need a physical weapon? I am not too sure I like this.
- Teenage-Angst Karnak – I have been told that the person in the hoodie and jeans is Karnak – one of the inhumans. Why does he look so moody? Karnak is a martial arts master, not a teenage mutant ninja turtle!
- I don’t know if I want to read a Vision comic. I like Vision in an ensemble book. I don’t know how I will like him in a solo book.
- Why is Iron Man in both pics? Are there 2 Iron mans… er, men?
- Why are you changing Daredevil’s costume? Is it because the show because the show is closer to the all red costume.
- Well, that’s all I have for now. How are you all feeling about these changes?