We will be doing our upcoming podcast on Image Comics this week. One of the founding members is artist (in the loosest sense) and writer (more of a general idea jotter) Rob Liefeld, who is responsible for creating some of the most utterly forgettable characters in comics history. I have been reviewing the names of the characters he created for Youngblood, The Brigade and Bloodstrike and I have come up with a cool game to play.
You will need the following to play:
- A pair of 6 sided dice
- The Rob Liefeld Name Creator grid (listed below)
- Beer (no necessary but can enhance the fun)
- Designate which of the 2 dice will be Die 1 and Die 2.
- Roll the dice.
- Using the numbers on the face of the dice, create your name. Ex. If I roll Die 1 as a 4 and Die 2 as a 2, then my character name is Die Fist.
- Come up with a completely implausible origin story for your character (the more inept, the better).
- Repeat steps 1-4.
The funny thing is you may actually roll some of the names that Rob actually created so watch out for copyright infringement.
We will be playing this game during the taping of the podcast.